The new Alpine PDX Series amplifiers are completely re-engineered for performance, sound quality, and reliability. The PDX series are for the true car audio enthusiast, all from a compact size. Consider the bar raised.
Professional installation available at authorized retailers.
The Alpine PDX Series is a recipient of the 2010 CES Innovations honors award. Every year at the world’s largest consumer technology tradeshow, the Consumer Electronics Show (CES), the Innovations Designs and Engineering Awards program recognizes the most innovative consumer electronics products, such as the PDX Series for the In-Vehicle Audio category.
"Obviously the new Alpine PDX-M12 has floored me with its definition and control, while also being massively powerful, incredibly compact, and one of the easiest amplifiers I've ever installed."
Taking Digital Sound to a New Level
New Reference Grade Output Stage
Ultra-Wide Frequency Response
This super-wide, industry leading frequency range offers listeners unparallel sound quality and detail that bests even the most high-end audiophile equipment. 5Hz-100kHz for 4ch, 5Hz-400Hz for Mono (+0,-3dB)
Total Harmonic Distortion(THD+N) vs. Power
The all-new PDX series amplifiers are not your typical class-D amplifiers. Traditionally, class-D amplifiers have not been known for both low distortion and wide frequency response. These new PDX amplifiers are the first ever class-D amplifiers to break tradition and trump the amps of yesterday. The PDX-M12, PDX-M6, PDX-F6, and PDX-F4 are synonymous with extremely high resolution and detail.
Total Harmonic Distortion(THD+N) vs. Frequency
Uniquely PDX, distortion actually decreases at higher frequencies, resulting in a clean and clear signal where your ear is most sensitive to distortion. -<0.005% THD+N @ 1W, <0.05% THD+N @ rated power.
Signal to Noise
These amps are capable of unheard of S/N ratios up to 95dB S/N @ 1W, 122dB S/N at rated power for extremely clean, uncolored sound. Forget unwanted background noise or static. The PDX amps deliver crystal clear music every time.
With ultra-low output impedance, the new PDX offers extremely controlled, tight bass for unprecedented sound quality. Ratings are >1000 for Mono and >500 for 4ch.
Power Output to the Extreme
Beefed up Power
The PDX power supply delivers tremendous headroom with low distortion and noise. PDX amplifiers have an extremely high total system efficiency of ~80% (power supply is rated at >90%, output stage is rated >90%).
Low Impedance Stability
These amps are stable at low impedances and are capable of their rated power from 2 to 4 ohms for all models. This allows excellent flexibility with multiple speaker and subwoofer loads and is adjusted automatically.
Certified Power From Birth, Guaranteed.
Each PDX amplifier comes with its very own birth-sheet. PDX amplifiers are tested and documented to show their true actual output.
Power Management Processor
PDX amps incorporate Alpine’s new Power Management circuit. The Power Management Processor controls all aspects of amplifier performance, monitoring voltage, temperature and output to ensure uninterrupted power output for non-stop listening.
Power Output to the Extreme (cont.)
If the amp gets too hot, the Thermal Protection circuit kicks in and gradually decreases output power until it cools down. Once cool, the power output automatically increases back to the previous level. If the circuit detects a Low Battery condition, it will gradually decrease power output if battery voltage becomes too low. Once the battery voltage increases, power will be restored. This interruption-free design allows for non-stop enjoyment with no hiccups or drop-outs, just clean, clear output.
Unique Stacking System
The new PDX series amplifiers are 20% thinner than previous models at only 2” thick. New stacking system packs the amps closer together so there are no gaps and to save space in the trunk while directly coupling the amps heatsinks to help share cooling duties.
The super high power speaker connectors allow for up to 8GA wiring and have a unique quick disconnect design for simple error-free installation.
The new removable connector features a low-loss, high-current design. It accepts up to 4GA wire, to ensure your amp gets the power it needs while allowing for easy installation.
Remote Control Bass Knob (RUX-KNOB)
Simply add the RUX-KNOB (sold separately) to a PDX-M6, PDX-V9, or PDX-M12 and get full control from inside the dash for remote on-the-fly bass adjustments. You also have the ability to control multiple amps from just one controller with simple telephone cord adapters.
A Touch of Personalization
PDX amplifiers come with removable trim rings, allowing them to be easily custom painted to match your vehicle or personalized to anything you want. Add it as another Do-It-Yourself project, or leave it to professionals and ask an Authorized Alpine retailer/installer near you.
Features and SpecificationSPECIFICATIONS
CEA-2006 Power Ratings
- CEA-2006 Power Rating: (4/2 I? @14.4V Ƈ%THD+N), S/N 92dBA, ref:1W into 4 I?) 1200W x 1
- Per channel into 4 Ohms: (@14.4V Ƈ%THD+N) 1200W x 1
- Per channel into 2 Ohms: (@14.4V Ƈ%THD+N) 1200W x 1
- Crossover Frequency (LPF): Variable, 50Hz - 400Hz (-24dB / oct), (Variable, L.P.F Only 1/2 ch)
- Subsonic Filter: OFF / 15Hz / 30Hz
- Heat Sink (WxHxD) mm: 257mm x 192mm x 50.8mm
- Heat Sink (WxHxD) in: 10-1/8'' x 7-9/16'' x 2''
- Power Requirements: 14.4V DC (11V to 16V)
- Input Sensitivity (RCA Input): Select Vol, 0.1V to 1.0V or 1.0V to 8.0V (For Rated Power)
- Cable size: 4 AWG (BATT and GND), 12 AWG (Remote), Up to 8 AWG (Speaker)
- Frequency Response (+0, -3dB: 1W into 4 Ohms) for CH-1/2/3/4: 5 Hz - 400 kHz / 0dB ~ -3dB (Reference: 1 W into 4 ohms)
- Frequency Response (+0, -3dB: 1W into 4 Ohms) for Subwoofer: 4 or 1 I?
- Frequency Response (+0, -1dB: 1W into 4 Ohms) for CH-1/2/3/4: CEA 2006 S/N Ratio (IHF A Weighted, Reference: 1W into 4I?) 92 dBA
- Connectors: Quick Disonnect Terminals (Power Terminal and Speaker Terminals)
- Terminal Layout: One-Sided
- Mounting Design: Easy Stacking and Clean-look intallation
- Amplifier Type: Class-D (Digital)
- Channel Design: 1 Channel (Mono)
- Thermal Protection:
- Low-battery Protection:
- Power Supply: Resonant Mode Power Supply
- Power Supply Design: DC-DC PWM Power Supply
- Board Circuitry: STAR Ciruit
- Current Protection: Auto Over-Current Protection
- Power Indicator: Top Mounted Blue LED Power/Status Indicator
- RCA Output: Non-Fading Pre-Amp Output
- Crossover: Adjustable Low-Pass
- Pre-Amp Stage: Discrete
- Final Outputs: MOSFET
- Board Design: 6-Layer Glass Epoxy PC Board
- Gain Control: Adjustable
- Bass Control: Remote Bass Control (Sold Separately)
- Owner's Manual | OM PDX-M12_M6