Alpine Type-R subwoofers play loud, clean, and long. The Type-R's are designed from HAMR Engineering, Alpine's exclusive subwoofer solution for cooler operation, longer life, and tight, accurate bass. The main philosophy behind HAMR Engineering is to ensure the ultimate sound quality and performance through the use of highly advanced materials and patented design technologies such as magnetic, structural finite element analysis, and a 3rd generation CRC motor structure. The Type-R subwoofer features an ultra long linear excursion for dynamic, realistic sound. Exclusive cooling technologies contribute to huge power handling capabilities. You can depend on the Type-R to compliment your system with deep, accurate bass.
(Sold as single woofer)
Professional installation available at authorized retailers.
Features and SpecificationSPECIFICATIONS
- Power Range: 400 - 750 Watts
- RMS Power Handling: 750 Watts
- Peak Power Handling: 2000 Watts
- Mounting Depth: 234 mm (9.2'')
- Mounting Diameter: 349 mm (13.8'')
- Displacement: 0.123 cu. ft. (Front Mount)
- Added Volume: 0.160 cu. ft. (Reverse Mount, Magnet Out)
- Frequency Response: 18Hz - 400Hz
- Material: Kevlar Reinforced Pulp Fiber
- Design: 2-Piece Structural Parabolic
- Material: Injected Molded SantopreneA?
- Design: High Amplitude Multi-Roll
- Material: NomexA?
- Design: Mirrored Progressive
- Material: 180A?C High Temp Wire on Spiral Cut Aluminum Former
- Design: 4-Layer Dual Voice Coil
- Pole Geometry: Compound Radius Curve (Patent #6,639,993)
- Configuration: Radial Vented VC Heat Sink and Airflow Management System (Patent Pending)
- Material: Cast Aluminum
- Design: Perimeter Vented Heat Transfer (Patent Pending)
- Layout: One Side
- Design: Heavy Duty 8 gauge Push with Housing, Banana Plug Jumper
- Design: Reinforced Layer Spider Integration (Patent #6,810,988)
- Design: Concealed Mount Gasket System
- Owner's Manual | Application Guide