ALPINE ELECTRONICS’ 2010 FACTORY SYSTEM UPGRADE PRODUCTS
Back January 7, 2010
An increasing number of new vehicles on the market have complex factory sound systems that are difficult to replace or upgrade. Alpine Electronics of America, Inc. offers three products that work with factory sound systems without having to alter the look of the dashboard. These products work in conjunction with the factory system, or enhance the system’s architecture to allow other aftermarket components to be added to the system.
The new PXE-H660 IMPRINT® OEM Audio Processor helps turn any factory radio into a premium Alpine-quality sound system. The new DCS-BT1 Standalone Bluetooth® Wireless Technology Hands-Free Speaker is a simple and elegant way to bring hands-free technology into the vehicle. For consumers with an iPod® or iPhone®, the DPR-RDS1 Factory Radio Interface enables users to play music from their iPod or iPhone through their factory sound system.
PXE-H660 IMPRINT OEM Audio Processor
Recognized with a 2010 CES Innovations Design and Engineering Award in the In-Vehicle Control/OEM Integration category, the new second-generation PXE-H660 delivers automated sound tuning technology to improve sound quality. It first removes the factory head unit equalization, providing a flat starting point for the IMPRINT automatic sound technology to be applied. Next, the included omni-directional microphone is used by the IMPRINT tuning technology to take measurements from as few as four locations in the car. The data collected from these measurements is used to customize and apply the IMPRINT technology to the system. Following this, RCA signals are output to any aftermarket amplifier, speaker and subwoofer that the consumer wishes to add on, to create an upgraded sound system.
- Powered by IMPRINT, Alpine’s proprietary automotive implementation of Audyssey MultEQ® XT
- Takes less than five minutes to use, with simplified user interface and detailed, step-by-step set up guide
- New input architecture allows use of car’s factory radio volume control without losing fidelity
- High-voltage 4V pre-amp outputs give better sound quality by improving system signal-to-noise ratio
- Also ideal for car audio enthusiasts who have aftermarket radios but wish to further customize and fine-tune their sound systems
- Available January; suggested retail index $550
DCS-BT1 Standalone Bluetooth Wireless Technology Hands-free Speaker
The DCS-BT1’s simple one-button control allows consumers to pair a Bluetooth wireless technology-enabled device, answer and end calls, and power the unit on/off all with the same button. To control volume, users simply use the rotary knob that surrounds the button. The small DCS-BT1 can be mounted onto a window visor but will still work even if the visor is flipped down thanks to its unique speaker and omni-directional microphone design.
- Standalone unit works in any vehicle
- Supports audio streaming of music or navigation driving instructions (compatible device with A2DP protocol and navigation function required, sold separately)
- Supports voice dialing (if paired device has this option)
- Choice of voice prompts from nine different languages
- Up to 14 hours talk time
- Up to 400 hours of stand-by time
- Auto shut-off if the paired phone or device is out of range for 30 minutes or longer
- Supports Bluetooth wireless technology Version 2.1 + EDR
- Available January; suggested retail index $130
DPR-RDS1 Factory Radio Interface for iPod and iPhone
The DPR-RDS1 Factory Radio Interface for iPod and iPhone brings iPod music playback into any factory FM radio. The professionally installed unit enables consumers to listen to music stored on their iPod or iPhone through the vehicle’s factory system and speakers.
- Displays iPod/iPhone music information on any OEM radio with RDS capability
- “Made for iPod®” and “Works with iPhone™” compatibility
- Connects to any iPod with a 30-PIN dock connecter
- Direct FM antenna input and power connections available for better sound quality
- Charges iPod or iPhone when connected
- Available now; suggested retail index $120
Alpine factory system integration products are available at authorized Alpine retailers. Visit www.alpine-usa.com to locate a retailer.
Alpine Electronics is an automotive electronics manufacturer that supports drivers in over 60 countries and provides the world’s leading auto makers with audio, video, navigation and driver assistance products. The company specializes in system integration solutions with innovative vehicle entertainment and information technologies.
Alpine’s R&D and manufacturing facilities in Japan, China, Europe and North America ensure that all products address the real world requirements of drivers in each market. The company is committed to developing products that are safe, comfortable and eco-friendly for the automotive environment.
Notice: Product information is based upon current information at the time of writing, but cannot be guaranteed. All designs, features, specifications and delivery dates are subject to change without notice.
Alpine Media Contact(s):
Alpine Electronics of America, Inc.