ALPINE ELECTRONICSâ€™ 2009 FACTORY SYSTEM UPGRADE PRODUCTS
Back January 8, 2009
Alpine Electronics of America, Inc. offers consumers several solutions to upgrade the sound, connectivity or navigation of the existing factory equipment in their vehicle. These products allow consumers to add popular digital sources such as iPodÂ®, iPhoneÂ® and BluetoothÂ® hands-free calling features to their factory-installed system. Enthusiast consumers can also upgrade the speakers, and add amplifiers and a subwoofer system to improve their vehicleâ€™s sound quality.
Alpine has two solutions to bring iPod/iPhone music playback into a factory-installed vehicle. The new DPR-RDS1 iPod/iPhone Modulator with RDS works with any vehicleâ€™s OEM radio that has RDS (Radio Data System) capability. The DPR-RDS1 plays the iPod/iPhoneâ€™s music through the vehicleâ€™s factory system and speakers, and meets the specifications for â€œMade for iPodâ€ and â€œWorks with iPhoneâ€ compatibility. As well, song information from the iPod or iPhone can be shown on the factory radioâ€™s display. The user can choose between a simple plug-and-play installation using the cigarette lighter adapter, or a fully integrated installation using the direct FM antenna and power connections for improved sound quality.
Also available is the eX-10 Advanced iPod Controller with Bluetooth. This product consists of a 2.4-inch color monitor, a wireless remote control and a cigarette lighter plug-in power module. The remote control offers full control over the iPod. Album, artist and song information and album art are all displayed on the eX-10â€™s screen. The eX-10 can also handle Bluetooth hands-free calling features.
Alpine's other factory integration products allow consumers to upgrade the sound quality of their factory sound system.
KEY INTEGRATION PRODUCTS:
DPR-RDS1 iPod/iPhone FM Modulator with RDS
- Displays iPod/iPhone music information on any OEM radio with RDS capability
- Does not require permanent installation
- â€œMade for iPodâ€ and â€œWorks with iPhoneâ€ compatibility
- Connects to any iPod with a 30-PIN dock connecter
- Direct FM antenna input and power connections available for better sound quality, for consumers choosing fully integrated installations
- Available March; suggested retail index $120
eX-10 Advanced iPod Controller with Bluetooth
- Enables consumers to add iPod control and Bluetooth hands-free calling features
- Connects to any iPod with a 30-PIN dock connecter via Alpineâ€™s Full Speedâ„¢ Connection for iPod cable (included)
- Album, artist and song information and album art are displayed on the 2.4-inch color monitor
- Displays commands such as Phonebook list, Missed Calls, Received Calls and Dialed Calls for Bluetooth devices with hands-free calling features
- Supports streaming music playback from Bluetooth devices
- Offers three installation options:
- Plug-and-play by connecting the power cable to the carâ€™s cigarette lighter, placing the display on the dash
- Connect the eX-10 to the factory radioâ€™s antenna input using an FM switcher box (Alpine KWE-155B, sold separately)
- Use a vehicleâ€™s existing built-in auxiliary input on the head unit or in the glove box to connect the eX-10
- Available now; $149.95 at participating authorized Alpine dealers in the U.S.
VPA-B222 VehicleHub Pro
- Allows consumers to upgrade their factory-installed systems by adding other sources including navigation, iPod, satellite radio, HD Radioâ„¢ and Bluetooth hands-free calling features (separate interface adapters and services subscriptions required)
- Includes a main control unit and a wired rotary commander to control the unit and all of the entertainment options at the driverâ€™s fingertips
- Offers a dedicated Ai-NET input, two video inputs, dedicated navigation input, one composite video output, one RGB navigation output, three RCA pre-outs and a remote eye
- Provides a built-in AM/FM radio tuner
- Has a built-in 18W RMS x 4 amplifier (at CEA-2006 Power Ratings)
- Requires a vehicle-specific third party adapter (sold separately)
- Available now; suggested retail index $500
PXE-H650 IMPRINTâ„¢ System Integration Audio Processor
- Delivers automated sound tuning technology to improve sound quality
- Powered by Alpineâ€™s proprietary automotive implementation of Audyssey MultEQÂ® XT that minimizes in-car distortion, resulting in a better sounding factory system with minimal installation time
- Includes its own calibrated, omni-directional microphone to measure the cabinâ€™s acoustic response
- Offers two input options, speaker level or aux-in, and seven channel outputs: front 1 left/right, front 2 left/right, rear left/right and mono sub
- Removes the sound systemâ€™s factory equalization, providing a flat starting point for the automated sound tuning
- Available now; suggested retail index $450
Alpine factory system integration products are available at authorized Alpine retailers. Visit www.alpine-usa.com to locate a retailer.
Notice: Product information is based upon current information at the time of writing, but cannot be guaranteed. All designs, features, specifications and delivery dates are subject to change without notice.
Alpine Media Contact(s):
Alpine Electronics of America, Inc.