ALPINE ELECTRONICS DEBUTS 2008 PRODUCT OFFERINGS AT CES; WINS FIVE INNOVATIONS DESIGN AND ENGINEERING AWARDS
Back January 7, 2008
TORRANCE, Calif., Jan. 7, 2008 â€“ Alpine Electronics of America, Inc., the industry-leading manufacturer of automotive mobile media solutions, announced its 2008 product line up today at the International Consumer Electronics Show (CES) in Las Vegas. This yearâ€™s line up boasts a diverse offering to meet consumersâ€™ entertainment needs on the road â€“ and new this year â€“ on the water. In addition to the new marine line, Alpine also introduced an all-new portable navigation device and a second-generation series of iPodÂ® receivers. Alpineâ€™s exhibit is in the Las Vegas Convention Center, North Hall, meeting room N101.
â€œThis is an exciting year for Alpine because not only are we delivering more high-quality in-vehicle entertainment innovations, we are also launching two new product directions with our first full line of marine products and our first on-dash, OEM integration iPod controller/Bluetooth interface,â€ said Stephen Witt, vice president, marketing and product planning, Alpine Electronics.
Alpine was honored with five 2008 CES Innovations Design and Engineering Awards, which recognize the most innovative consumer electronics products in the industry's hottest product categories. Garnering the awards this year are:
- eX-10 Advanced iPod Controller with BluetoothÂ®, In-Vehicle Control/OEM Integration category: the eX-10 is a plug-and-play unit for both iPod playback and Bluetooth hands-free calling. It uses a remote control and power module that plugs into the vehicleâ€™s cigarette lighter
- KTP-445 Head Unit Power Pack and PXA-H100 IMPRINT Audio Processor, In-Vehicle Audio category: the KTP-445 and PXA-H100 are head unit upgrade modules, intended to easily add power and improve sound quality
- Marine System, In-Vehicle Accessories category: Alpineâ€™s marine system is engineered and built to thrive in the harsh marine environment. The marine line up includes two head units, two PDX amplifiers, two remote controls, two speakers and one subwoofer
- SPX-17PRO Type-X 6.5-inch Component 2-Way Speaker, In-Vehicle Audio category: the SPX-17PRO combines transparent sound quality, efficiency and intelligent application choices to create an unbelievably dynamic and accurate musical experience
- TUA-T550HD HD Radio Tuner, In-Vehicle Audio category: the TUA-T550HD is a HD Radio tuner that can be connected to any of Alpineâ€™s 2008 Ai-NET head units to add on HD Radio as a source. The TUA-T550HD is one of the first products to introduce iTunesÂ® Tagging into the mobile environment. The pairing of HD Radio with iTunes Tagging provides a new way for consumers to easily discover and purchase music
Other standouts for 2008 include Alpineâ€™s new PND-K3msn. The slim, high-performance portable navigation unit, which runs on the Microsoft Windows CE platform, combines remarkable ease-of-use with accurate text-to-speech technology and superior vehicle positioning technology. It can receive live MSN Direct service for up-to-date information such as traffic, weather, gas prices and movie times. Additional highlights include the new series of aftermarket digital media receivers that are designed to deliver a fully integrated iPod experience in the car: the iDA-X100, iDA-X200 and iDA-X300.
At the show, Alpine also debuted its 2008 demo vehicles â€“ a Mercedes Benz GL-550 used as a luxury tow vehicle for a 25-foot power demo boat with a custom Alpine marine audio system, and a 2008 Toyota Highlander with a complete OEM integration audio/video/navigation system.
About Alpine Electronics
Alpine Electronics is a global supplier of automotive mobile media solutions including audio, video, satellite-linked navigation and portable device connectivity systems for original equipment and aftermarket applications. Alpine is at the forefront of vehicle entertainment and information system innovation, with many first-to-market technologies such as portable navigation that docks into an in-dash unit, iPodÂ® integration, full range digital amplification and automated acoustical correction sound systems.
With manufacturing and R&D facilities in Japan, China, Europe and North America, and more than 1,600 global patents, Alpineâ€™s premium sound systems and user-friendly navigation products combine the latest in advanced technology with an enhanced user experience.
Alpine is a consolidated subsidiary of Alps Electric Co., Ltd., one of the worldâ€™s premier manufacturers of electronic components for computer, communications and car electronics equipment. Visit www.alpine-usa.com to learn more about Alpine products or to find an authorized retailer.
Notice: Product information is based upon current information at the time of writing, but cannot be guaranteed. All designs, features, specifications and delivery dates are subject to change without notice.
Alpine Media Contact(s):
Alpine Electronics of America, Inc.